Thursday, June 25, 2009

We've Had a Breakthrough!

Of a tooth, that is. On Thursday, C and I took Wiggle to the Northside to escape the oppressive heat. While C sat at a coffee shop and worked, Wiggle and I strolled around going to various stores to (mostly) window shop. In the elevator in Crate and Barrel, Wiggle started crying inconsolably, but I couldn't figure out why. He finally calmed down in my arms in Pottery Barn. As I sat there coveting the new living room rug I want, I absent-mindedly gave him my finger to suck on, and then I felt it - the lower right front incisor. I am certain now that his earlier crying was the actual coming through of the new tooth. I tried to take a picture, but he is super wiggly and has taken to keeping his tongue over the new protrusion. He will have the matching left one within a week or two as we can see the tooth through the swollen gum now. He seems very proud of himself and now possesses what can only be called a sort of gravitas that he did not have before the tooth. If you don't believe me, just ask his grandma or great aunt. They saw it right away when they were Skyping with him last night. So there.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! That is very exciting news! I can't wait to see him again, and to see the tooth!

    ReplyDelete