Friday, June 22, 2012

Daddy Day


That's what Wiggle called Father's Day.

It was a day punctuated by minis. We started the day with mini chocolate babkas that I made (with smittenkitchen's recipe). Wiggle presented C with his gifts he made at school - a footprint bookmark and a painted paperweight, and his gifts from us - a wallet and a trilobite keychain I made, but Wiggle thought of.

Bountiful babkas

Then it was off to mini golf. 
Check out this dedicated daddy
Checking out Daddy's putter
Putting is serious business
Really serious business
Do you like my Elmo backpack?
Crossing to the "back" nine
After nap, we went to the pool to cool off and goof around.

Then we grilled fajitas. Chicken fajitas with all the fixin's which we ate on the patio on a glorious warm and beautiful evening.
Check out this grill master
He ate three fully stuffed tortillas with "everything!"
After dinner the usual bedtime routine with plenty of Daddy-Wiggle story time.

Buster was listening intently too
Some before bedtime brother snuggles

A relaxed, easy, fun day. A very good "Daddy Day" from my perspective, and I believe that C will back me up on it.

2 comments:

  1. A great day for a great daddy. What a wonderful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Daddy Day, and those babkas look delicious. I love Smitten Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete