Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tick-Tock Goes the Clock

What can i say? We've had an ankle injury for me, Wiggle's birthday,a couple of snow days, my birthday, a wonderful visit from my mom. I haven't had the time or inclination to write.
Frankenboot


The ankle thing isn't major for my ankle, except that I have to wear Frankenboot  everywhere, but I've had to stop running completely for now. I am allowed to do 15 minutes on the bike or some water aerobics until it gets some of its strength back. So frustrating! I went to the gym tonight, and even though I wanted to do so much more, it still felt good to get any exercise at all. A couple of old swim buddies from high school and I are going to train for a triathlon in the fall, so I'd better get this ankle thing squared away soon.



We went and looked at open houses this weekend while my mom was here, and I think we've settled on Takoma Park as the area we'd like to live in. Now to get a realtor and start looking in earnest.

Also, I've been going a little stir crazy in the house so much. The snow, combined with my ankle, combined with a toddler who often requires the work of two adults to put pants on, has put a hitch in my going out plans on many a day as of late.

In other news, I still plan on sitting down and thinking about some personal goals for the year. I know we are already a month in, but time has been a rather precious commodity to me lately, and when I do have it, my mind tends to be racing with the thoughts of the day. Adding the thoughts of tomorrow to my cluttered head would just be torture much of the time. I need a clean head space to think about the future, so for right now my goal is to clear out a small closet in my head. If only I could take all that mental clutter to Goodwill or have a garage sale. Anyone want some mild anxiety regarding medical expenses or indecisiveness regarding a potty training method? I could make you a really good deal.

1 comment:

  1. After my visit, I can attest, it definitely takes two adults to get a pair of pants on Wiggle sometimes! My hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete