Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend Woes

C has a couple of conferences coming up, so he has requested a work weekend. Ugh. Although I would love the extra help and some time to myself that I would get if he wasn't working, what I most begrudge - and do not mistake me - I do, indeed, begrudge - is the nonchalant way he will pop in and out of our days this weekend. The life of the mind doesn't clock out even when it is supposedly watching our son eat breakfast or listening to me talk about my day. On the flip-slide, it is hard to keep it clocked in when the brain calls quitting time, so we may end up seeing more of C this weekend than we originally thought (if his mind does not cooperate with the overtime suggestion). This is not really to rag on C, but instead to complain about my own job a little. I hate that if my mind goes kaput, I still can't clock out. Plus, if I tried to clock out while on duty, it will just mean I will have extra work at the end of my day. Either Wiggle will be harder to feed or get down and/or the house will be a mess, and I'll have to either stay up and clean or toss and turn in bed filled with the anxiety that I should be cleaning.
This weekend should be filled with some errands, much needed menu planning, and some cleaning. On top of those maintenance things, I would like to spend some time reading, drawing the the pastels class I am taking, and doing some deep organizing - under the bed box/closet storage stuff. I remember when a weekend felt like a long time; now it seems to go by in the blink of an eye.
It's a weekend everyday when you put on a birthday hat!

3 comments:

  1. "I'll have to either stay up and clean or toss and turn in bed filled with the anxiety that I should be cleaning."

    I completely understand that anxiety. My SO also tells me to just relax or let the dishes go, which sounds very nice in theory, but it only means I will have more to do later, of course. You're only recourse here is to have a great mom's night out next weekend! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much better this makes me feel about not teaching you or any of your sibs to cook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. - but this IS another reason for me to move closer...MUCH closer!

    ReplyDelete