Monday, September 27, 2010

I Need Counseling

Or, rather, a degree in counseling. Tonight I went to the info session for the MSW program at Mason. It seems fine, and I will definitely apply, but I am also toying with the idea of applying to PhD programs in counseling psych. From what I've seen so far though, I doubt I'd be accepted. For the relatives in the audience, I am not being self-deprecating, rather I am being lower-GPA, who will I get for letters, no research experience realistic. I just thought I should try to have a couple of options.

Ugh, this would all be so much easier if I knew where we were going to live.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth (maybe not so much) I found out recently that a good friend with a PhD in counseling psych practically had to bulldoze her way into the program...I'm talking multiple turn downs, and she just kept reapplying and saying "you really do want me" until they relented...(she's terrific, btw; the admissions people were idiots if they couldn't see it)...I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,you will be good at anything you decide to do. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete